Hey there beautiful peoplee ❤
*casually melts because it’s so hot*
I don’t know about you but I LOVE making snacks…what’s not to like? Yumminess + miniature food is the best combination (am I right or am I right) soo I made this post to give you all some delicious inspiration for some easy snack recipes anyone can do! Yes anyone (even me) 😉
I hope you enjoyy!…
Funfetti Shortbread Bites (a.k.a YUM IN A SQUARE?!)
I am using a recipe off anniesnoms.com , slightly adapted 🙂
170g Unsalted butter
210g plain flour
1 tbsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp icing sugar
2-3 tbsp sprinkles/hundreds and thousands
2 tbsp milk
How to make them:
1. Mix the butter, flour, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until you have a crumbly mixture. Don’t worry if there are some small lumps of butter left.
2. Add in the sprinkles (or whatever!) and the milk in to the bowl and mix until well combined. Then add another tablespoon of milk until you get a workable dough.
3. Place the dough into a baking tray lined with baking paper and flatten it out to the edges if you can.
4. Place in the fridge for 10-15 mins. You can preheat the oven whilst chilling to 160C/325F.
5. Once the shortbread has been chilled, carefully bake in the oven for 12-17 mins (it may take longer or less, so check if they are done)
6. Once out and cooled, use a knife to carefully cut the shortbread in to small squares and then they should be ready to eaat!
*yum yum yumm*
Mini Cheese/ Pastry Straws
I’m using a recipe from BBC Food with adaptations from me (linked here) and it’s so delicious!
375g plain flour
Pinch of salt
150g mature cheddar cheese
2 free range eggs, yolks only
How to make them:
1. Sift the flour and salt in a bowl. Use your fingertips to rub the butter until there are no lumps left and the texture is like breadcrumbs. Stir in the cheese and egg yolks. Add 4-5 tablespoons of cld water to the mix and combine to a firm dough.
2. Wrap the dough in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
3. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5 and line a baking tray(s) with baking paper. Roll the dough out into a rough square. Use a knife to carefully cut the dough into strips however long you want the straws to be, twist them and place on the baking tray. Glaze the top with egg for a crispy outside.
4. Bake for 10-15 mins or until golden brown and leave to cool..
I love both of these delicious recipes and I hope you like them too! (Trust me when I say they were THIS DELICIOUS) Let me know which is your favourite *cough cough* both of them *cough* 😉
Have an amazing day! ❤