Hey there lil bears!
Can we just appreciate that my blog is all Autumnal?! I saw Rosinalee had made her blog ready for Autumn and I was so inspiredd ❤
It’s AUTUMNN so brace yourself for an overload of Autumnal posts and stuff! Honestly though I just love
theadorablehedgehogs Autumn so much and what better thing to do than baking apple muffins?! I got my inspiration for these cakes from Zoe’s recipe and changed it up quite a bit to make it perfect for me! Enjoy the yumsiness…
APPLE CRUMBLE MUFF’NS
You will need…
(for the muffins)
- 2-3 cooking apples
- 125g unsalted butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 230g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 Muffin cases
(for the crumble)
- 75g caster sugar
- 100g unsalted butter
- 140g self-raising flour
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4tsp ground cinnamon
(For the icing)
- Icing sugar
How to make them!
- Peel and core the apples then dice into chunks.
- Simmer in a pan of water (just enough to cover them) for about 5 minutes, or until soft but a little bit crunchy. Leave to one side to cool.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs until combined.
- Now add in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and gently mix all the ingredients.
- Carefully fold in the apple mix (drain most of the water first) and be careful not to mush the apples into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes, or until golden on top!
For the crumble and icing:
- Rub together the butter, flour, cinnamon and vanilla extract, until you have a crumbly breadcrumb mix and stir in the sugar.
- Spread out the crumble mix onto a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes. Don’t worry if the mixture has merged- you can always crumble it up again!
- For the icing, mix some icing sugar with a tiny bit of water in a small bowl.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the icing randomly on to the middle of the cakes (when cool).
- Then sprinkle lots of crumble on top whilst the icing is still wet. Yummy!
These muffins honestly tasted of Autumn- if that’s possible?! Well it is, and they did! 😉 Will you be giving these a go? I’m definitely making more soon for a cosy evening in!
Have an amazing day everyone! ❤
COMMENT OF THE WEEK (goes to Kate @ allthetrinkets)